DEMOCRATIC PARTY OF CONTRA COSTA COUNTY
Thursday, October 18, 2018 @ 7:00pm-9:00pm
IBEW LOCAL 302, 1875 Arnold Drive, Martinez, CA 94553
- Call to Order
- Flag Salute
- Welcoming of Guests
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes: March 15, Special Meeting March 26, April 19, May 17, June 21, July 19; August 16; Special meeting, August 30; September 20
- SPECIAL ITEM: (40 minutes)
- Reconsideration of Pleasant Hill City Council Endorsement
- Report Issues Committee. Recommendations for Endorsement on local measure (10.18.18 Issues Committee meeting notice attached)
- Officer Reports: (15 minutes/2 minutes per report). (Please provide “highlights” and a written report)
- Old Business: (40 minutes)
- Elections Committee: Slate mailer/doorhanger
- New Business: (30 minutes)
- 2nd Vice Chair:
- Club Voting Representatives Approval
- Holiday Party (Budget)
iii. 2019 Officer and Committee Chairs Responsibilities Workshop: November 10th
- Standing Committees & District Directors (15 minutes/2 minutes each) (Please provide “highlights” and a written report)
- Future Agenda items (to be referred to Executive Committee) (5 minutes)
- Announcements (5 minutes)
- Executive Com: 1st Wednesday, November 7, 2018 @ 7pm, USW, 1333 Pine St., Martinez
- DPCCC Central Com: 3rd Thursday: November 15, 2018 @ 7pm, IBEW, 302, 1875 Arnold Drive, Martinez
GROUND RULES FOR DPCCC MEETINGS (re-affirmed 2.15.18)
- PURPOSE: to conduct the official business of the DPCCC.
- DPCCC members and guests will be:
o Respectful and civil when recognized to speak.
o Individuals wishing to speak on a motion will be placed on a list and asked to come speak in front of the membership when called upon.
o Time limits per speaker will be limited to 2 minute. Depending on the number of speakers, the Chair will adjust time limits, allowing both sides of the issue to be fairly represented.
o When a member makes disparaging remarks, the Chair will call a “point of privilege” or “point of order” and ask the member to conclude their comments.
o The Chair will stop the meeting and ask individuals who engage in conversations that disrupt the proceedings to take their conversations outside the meeting room.
- A Parliamentarian will be appointed to assist with the interpretation of rules, procedures and by-laws.
DPCCC Issues Committee Meeting
Thursday, October 18, 2018
IBEW Local 302, 1875 Arnold Drive, Martinez, CA
Local Races for consideration at DPCCC Issues Committee and DPCCC Membership Meeting on 10.18.2018
Campaign has been invited to attend.
The Issues Committee will meet and report their recommendations to the DPCCC Membership, Agenda Item: Special Item.
CITY OF RICHMOND MEASURE T: Requires 2/3 vote
This Ordinance may be referred to as the “Special Parcel Tax on Vacant Property.”
Purpose. The taxes imposed under this Ordinance are solely for the purpose of raising revenue necessary to support and fund services for homeless people, affordable housing, blight abatement and the related programs, described below. Because the proceeds of the parcel tax will be deposited into a special fund restricted for the services and programs specified in this Ordinance, the tax is a special tax.
This Ordinance shall expire 20 years after it is first levied. By way of example only and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if the tax were first levied in the 2020-21 tax year, the 2040-41 tax year would be the last year in which it may be levied. The voters of the City of Richmond may amend the term of the tax at any time prior to its expiration.
- October 18, 2018 at 7pm – 9pm
IBEW Local 302
1875 Arnold Dr
Martinez, CA 94553
Google map and directions