Vacancy: The Democratic Party of Contra Costa County seeking 2nd Vice Chair andSupervisorial District 2 Representatives. The election will take place at the January 18, 2018 membership meeting. Interested candidates must be regular elected or appointed members in good standing. (Article V. Organization, Sec. 1)
- Members who are elected, appointed, ex-officios or their alternates in “good standing” are eligible to vote. You will have to be current on your 2018 dues to be a member in “good standing” and be eligible to vote.
At our November 16, 2017 meeting, 2nd Vice Chair Anamarie Avila Farias was elected to 1st Vice Chair. As a result of the election, there is an officer vacancy of 2nd Vice Chair.
Roles and responsibility of 2nd Vice Chair:
Second Vice-Chair (Membership). The Second Vice-Chair shall assist the DPCCC Chair in the performance of the Chair's duties. To the extent necessary, the Second Vice-Chair shall exercise the powers of the Chair in the event of the absence of both the Chair and the First Vice-Chair. In the event of a vacancy in both the office of Chair and First Vice-Chair, the Second Vice-Chair shall assume the duties of the DPCCC Chair until a new Chair has been elected. The Second Vice-Chair shall be responsible for membership training, member recruitment, and club development.
1. Other responsibilities of the Second Vice-Chair include:
A. Maintain the membership roster of the DPCCC; and
B. Ensure each Elected, Appointed, and Ex-Officio member has an alternate.
Article V. ORGANIZATION
Section 1. Officers
The officers of the DPCCC shall be: Chair, First Vice Chair (Elections), Second Vice Chair (Membership), Secretary, and Controller;
All officers shall be elected at the bi-annual Organizational Meeting from the Regular Elected or Appointed Members. Officer terms shall expire prior to the Organizational Meeting every January of odd-numbered years; and
All officers shall carry out those duties which are ordinarily incumbent upon such officers.
Section 3. Officer and Executive Committee Vacancies (by-law amendment adopted 11.16.17)
As soon as reasonably possible, the Chair or the next highest ranking member of the Executive Committee shall announce any officer or Executive Committee vacancy at the next regularly scheduled meeting after the vacancy occurs, unless the vacancy occurs at a regular meeting, in which case that meeting serves as the time of the notice; in addition, members shall also be notified by e-mail, and the general public shall be notified by a post describing the vacancy on the DPCCC website;
DPCCC Central Committee Membership
Updated January 19, 2017
REGULAR ELECTED & APPOINTED MEMBERS
(Alternate in parentheses)
EX OFFICIO MEMBERS
- CD05: Congressman Mike Thompson (Sherry McCoy)
- CD09: Congressman Jerry McNerney (Itsak Negrin)
- CD11: Congressman Mark DeSaulnier (Carol Toms)
- CD15: Congressman Eric Swalwell (Sabina Zafar)
- SD03: State Senator Bill Dodd (Courtney Masella-O'Brien)
- SD07: State Senator Steve Glazer (Jason Bezis)
- SD09: State Senator Nancy Skinner (Rita Xavier)
- AD11: Assemblymember Jim Frazier (Paul Flores)
- AD14: Assemblymember Tim Grayson (Dominic Aliano)
- AD15: Assemblymember Tony Thurmond (Cesar Zepeda)
- AD16: Highest Finishing Democrat Cheryl Cook-Kallio (Brodie Hilp)
CONSTITUTIONAL OFFICERS & CDP OFFICIALS
- State Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Torlakson (Jamie Qualk)
- CDP Region 2 Director OPEN (alternate)
- CDP Region 5 Director Rocky Fernandez (Margaret Hanlon-Gradie)